Dear Yale Alumni, family, friends and friends of the Moriches Bay Project,
Please join us on Saturday May 13th, 2017 for a feel-good day!
Help the Moriches Bay Project kick off the 2017 season with a day of volunteering. Projects will include the creation of oyster cages for our oyster farms and burlap disks for eelgrass weaving. You will learn from local scientists why eelgrass planting and oyster farming are so essential to improving the quality of the water in our local bays.
Below is a schedule of activities planned for that day:
- 11:00am-11:30am Meet at 906 Dune Road, West Hampton Dunes. Introduction on the Moriches Bay Project – who we are and what we do. Breakfast provided by Best Market of Westhampton Beach
- 11:30am-12:15pm Make oyster cages. Learn why oysters are important to our bay
- 12:15pm-1:45pm Make burlap discs for an eelgrass project. Informal talk on the importance of eelgrass
- 1:45pm-2:15pm Demonstration and talk on our water monitoring program – M.B.O.S.
- 2:15pm-3:00pm Second opportunity for late comers to make an oyster cage
- 3:00pm-3:30pm Questions and Answers
- 4:00pm-5:00pm Happy Hour at Buoy One located at 62 Montauk Hwy, Westhampton 11977
Pre-registration is requested. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org